Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 6: Go Home and Remember Where I Came From

Sometimes, the only thing I want is to hug my mom, make funny faces at my dad, and feel taken care of at home. Margaret Rosa's self-care regimen includes:
Get out of the city. Go home and remember where I come from.
I was supposed to be in the NJ/NYC area for work. But I'm also home to be with family and to check in on my local community following Sandy and a current snow storm. There's a sad feeling to the town, but humor still rises as as stranger shoot the shit and people joke about what kind of apocalyptic world we might have inherited with Mittens. To walk through the doors of my parents house and bear hug my mom was the best and most needed feeling ever. Ever. In playing catch up--which felt like a newer, lighter, and more pleasurable experience this time around--I told her about this self-love project and showed her this blog....she smiled, paused, then asked herself what she does for self-care. I'll be sharing that in a later performance :-) 


Fallen tree on an area church. Those streaks are snow fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment