Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 20: Eat Like There's No Tomorrow

I know that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, the traditional day when we're supposed to be giving thanks, stuff our face, and forget about the American colonialism/the slow denigration of Indigenous people, but all I could do was think about an invitation from my good and funny friend Courtney to enjoy dinner with her at Red Lobster. Yep, Red Lobster. I had initially begun the day thinking that self-care performance was another performance I engaged with earlier today (more on that in the future), but it wasn't until I was having dinner with Courtney, enjoying cheesy biscuits (!), and drying tears of laughter from my face that I realized that "this" moment was what I had needed; that fellowship, food, and laughter can be forms of as self-care:

Go to my fav restaurant with a friend and eat like there's no tomorrow.  And I make sure the friend is someone who makes me laugh a lot. -- Claudia

Man, did we eat and laugh. Our waiter Ryan couldn't resist stopping by our table and offering up jokes, some hopping, as well as his own thoughts on love and fidelity (real talk is the only talk).  It was a great night! 

Pic coming soon....there's an unflattering shot of me an an empty crab bake plate on Court's phone....



No comments:

Post a Comment