Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 28: Black Angel Cards Reading

My friend Patricia offered to share one her self-care techniques with me, a tarot reading with a beautiful African-centered and Womanist deck created by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel, the "Black Angel Cards."  For personal reasons, I won't go into too much detail about the reading, but I journaled the following after the fact while heading back home on the train:
I feel like my insides match my outside. Like the heavy feeling of uncertainty and fear has finally come loose and shown me (rather, reassured me because I knew all along) what I need to do in order to truly heal and grow. This will be painful work; the pain that comes with stretching beyond what I thought were my measures. But it will also lead me towards my voice, my truths, and past my fears. 

"The Drummer" by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
The cards are currently out of print but their is an independent campaign in order to republish. Please consider donating in order to spread the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment