Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 42: Acupuncture

Last week, all I could do was think about my acupuncturist, Elizabeth Heinz, who I haven't seen in five months. I figure it was time to see her since not only could I not stop thinking about getting acupuncture, but a lot of my friends seemed to be reminding me of its praises. 

Michi: acupuncture helped [to listen to her own body]! community acupuncture, affordable acupuncture helped with my issues and helped me start to re-imagine how the things i want to do can happen. community health care. holistic healing. 
Joy: I have found that massage, acupuncture, reiki etc all seem to help more when I am actively involved, saying please and yes and no (especially at the beginning) so that I am co-creating an experience that feels intuitively healing for me...

To my acupuncturist I went. Before our visit I had to let her know that my cash flow is tight (part of the reason I haven't seen her in some time) and I didn't know what I could pay; to my delight she was more than thrilled to let me name my own price, yes to co-creating my experience! I went because I've been feeling exhausted and drained these past few weeks. It will be some time before my body processes and clears out all the toxins/energies, but it felt like I had the best nap of my life on that table and I was totally "chi stoned" as she calls it. What my body really needed: some peanuts and good protein. To which I obliged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment