Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 34: Make Myself Some Juice

I think this had kale, spinach, banana, strawberries, and avocado in it....



I've improvised on this one a bit. My old roommate Assi sent me this practice:

i got a juicer, and i make myself a juice when i'm feeling like i want to show myself some love.

I haven't juiced per se, but for the past three days (and for the next two) I have been undergoing a green-smoothie cleanse, supported by Ashe Holistic Health, where I "eat" nothing but smoothies made from fresh fruits and vegetables, drink water and/or herbal tea. I doing this program alongside two other friends of mine. All of us had our separate and varied reasons for undertaking this cleanse, mine were in order to clear out all that is not serving me (emotions, toxins, waste, etc.). For the past three years I've done around two cleanses a year, and the third day is always "hump day" where I'm craving all sorts of foods, from sushi to steak. However hump day is also the day where I feel the effects of the cleanse working themselves through my body (i.e. feeling more focused, a slowing down of the world around me, better waste management---yes, more poop). Right now, by body can only focus on my basic needs: sleep, food, and waste removal. I've also had to pay attention to the ways that my body is processing emotions. Rather then numbing (and perhaps extending?) the negative feelings I've been carrying from late last week, I find myself just "being in it." Allowing whatever feelings (joy, frustration, annoyance, etc.) to come up and work their way out--sans interruption from my mind. I can't fully explain it but it almost feels as though my body/spirit are in ownership of my wants and feelings instead of the other way around. Another interesting note, the urge to dull my senses through a Netflix marathon has also decreased.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment