Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 38: Sunday Cooking With Miles


I've been looking forward to this performance for a long time, for some reason, not Sunday seemed like the right Sunday. But today it is a little dark, wet, and gloomy out. I rolled out of bed and pulled a Sherley: 

On Sundays, I cook, usually to miles Davis, there used to be this radio station in NY, 98.7 that had Sunday morning jazz, and the background song during  each segment was this Miles Davis piece, that for the life of I cannot remember, that song, from that album is my Sunday morning cooking soundtrack with some incense burning in the background.

I'm not in New York, nor do I know what that song is...but I have an ipod with "Kind of Blue" on it and Bitches Brew on my laptop and proceeded to chop, saute, peel, and bake alongside Miles. Black coconut seemed like the appropriate incense choice and three sticks burned in my kitchen while I made my lentil and apples stew (I totally made this up as I went along), and baked apples (I have A LOT of apples left over from my cleanse). It was a delightful morning. Miles allowed me to relax and focus on the act of preparing; to not worry about the time and to just enjoy the process. Delightful.



I am clearly not a foodie blogger and take serious liberties with recipes....

No comments:

Post a Comment