Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 36: Hug Yourself And Tell Yourself That You Love You


This morning I was at a lost about what to do for today's performance of self-love/care. I have several options (thank you for the submissions!), but none of them seemed appropriate for how I was feeling; they all would have been a little forced and heartless. Later in the day I received a group email from Tolu, of Ashe Holistic Health (my smoothie cleanse organizer/current health guru) that seemed apropos to all that I needed and wanted:
Nutrition Focus:  Self-Love
Self love means taking the time out to nurture your self mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally. For the majority of the day we give our energy and services to others. Take the time to light a candle and meditate. Silent time feeds your soul. Hug yourself and tell yourself that you love you. Go ahead try it now. “I love you your name
Do those things that feed your spirit, whatever it may be. Please don’t neglect your wonderful self because there is only one YOU.

I sat in my seat a little incredulous....ironic I know. But I did it, I went on and hugged myself and told myself, "I love you Kantara." It was not filled with spirit, I didn't really believe my own words. So I kept on doing it throughout the day: on my yoga mat, randomly as I walked through Target, in my kitchen where I took it a step further, "I love you Kantara for doing things that are difficult and scary but prove to yourself how much you care about you and your well being." I did it on my couch for good measure too. I have to say, as cheesy as that gesture sounds (and is) each hug and each acknowledgement of my love for me got infinitely more spirit-filled, joyful, and more truthful---particularly the moment in the kitchen where I just had to throw hands up and thank me for making some tough but necessary decisions in order to move towards holistic wellness. 

<<<<<<<HUGS: and there you have it. >>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment