Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 39: Pajamas, Grey's Anatomy, My Bed, and Junk Food (After I've Brushed My Teeth)

This is so lovely. So so lovely. I just needed to pause what I was watching/my performance and do some quick jotting to capture all of my fuzzy feel-good feelings right now. This is my lovely Carmen's practice:

The I have a bad day self-care routine is that I put on pajamas that are warm and comfortable not cute. Then I wash my face and brush my teeth. This is the awkward part that I don’t tell most people I do, after I brush my teeth I eat junk food. But you have to eat junk food in bed that’s the rule. Then I watch two episodes of Grey’s Anatomy in bed while eating my junk food. (I would be having one of two things—popcorn, popped in a stove top, and you can put any kind of seasoning on it that you like. Tlbs of olive oil. ¼ of kernels for everytable spoon you use. ½ a serving for two. If I wasn’t gonna have that then ben and jerry’s chunky monkey with a spoon, just till one episode is over.)


It wasn't a bad day...but it wasn't entirely a good day either. But I knew what was waiting for me was some popcorn (I've never made it on the stovetop before!) and some time with my bed. I was incredulous about one thing: watching several random episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Carmen suggested two episodes in particular: Season 5, Episode 22 and Season 6, Episode 5. I have a slight ocd thing about television shows: I can't pick up a series in the middle or watch episodes when I haven't seen the previous ones. Moreover, I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy mid-season Season 4. But Carmen "Likes The Girl Who Has The Sandwiches" and the lesbian episodes are some of her favorites so I sucked it up and did the performance. Damn....climbing into bed when I knew what was waiting for me made me happy--popcorn along with rasberries and cookies...because as Carmen reminded me via text, enjoying the junk food is what counts. This moment is making me so happy. AND...Izzie has a brain tumor (I think) and maybe dying which means that Katherine Heigl will no longer be on the show. I know this happened long ago, but it is so nice to enjoy the end of this character....I'm not pro-cancer, just anti Izzie/Katherine Heigl. 



(updated when I began episode 2: Season 6/Episode 5) Darn it all! I just started Season 6 Episode 5, Katherine Heigl is still alive!


.....addendum: End of episode 5, Izzie got fired. 

This performance inspired a lot of happy.
Step 1: Brush Teeth
 (while wearing comfy pajamas)

Step 2: Prepare Popcorn
Step 3: Gather Other Snackage

Step 4: Enjoy Netflix and My Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment